Equapak is the brand of a product that is produced with high quality standards and involves a permanent commitment to social responsibility aimed at improving working conditions and quality of life of workers and their families.
With the support of one of its main trading partners, the Equapak Foundation, it aims to strengthen and professionalize the social responsibility initiatives, an indispensable component in the sustainable production of bananas.
Equapak Foundation is a non-profit private Institution, sustainable and committed to the human development, with a model of Social investment that have a positive impact on the quality of life of the assisted communities, making alliances with the public and private sectors in the province of El Oro, Ecuador.
Objective: To promote the integrated approach to family, community and personal health. Support the development of systems of care in work and occupational health hazards.
Incidence: improve conditions of specialized establishments, coordinate actions with the public sector, reproductive health promotion, assistance in occupational and risk health to the producers.
Incidence: improving school performance, spaces of participation, level of teachers, information and communication technologies, languages, training parents and local communities.
Incidence: advice for the creation of enterprises, educational grants and training projects in development.
considering 4 cross-cutting themes:
– Football 7 Championship: Cup TESCO 2015, for integration and socialization of the employees on farms and their families. Cultural and artistic workshops.
– Campaign for the prevention of drug use among children and teenagers.
– Campaign for the prevention of domestic violence.
– Medical conferences and tests for the detection and prevention of breast cancer.
– Training held in basic computing and internet for collaborators of the farms and their families.
– Conference on Corporate Social responsibility for banana producers.
• Making a monthly and regular contribution.
• Spreading the actions of the Foundation and participating as a volunteer in their activities.
• Financing any project related to a subject area of the work of the Foundation (education and health).
• Participating as sponsors in events (trainings, campaigns, conferences, workshops).
• Businesses and organizations can participate to supporting dissemination through corporate communication channels. We know how important is to be present in different media, so that companies can provide their spaces, such as (web, social networks, e-mailing, houseorgan, internal news, summaries, bills, billboards, lines, boxes, etc.).
Jorge Alex Serrano Aguilar
Gustavo Febres Cordero
9 de Octubre 27-39 entre
Sucre y Gral. Serrano
El Guabo – El Oro – Ecuador